Cleaning the house can sometimes be overwhelming. However, there are some easy cleaning hacks that can be used to tackle the toughest of jobs around the house to make cleaning a lot quicker and easier.
We share some of our favourite cleaning hacks here.
1. Use olive oil to help make them shine
2. Remove carpet stains with vodka
3. Bicarbonate of Soda and vinegar can make cleaning the bath really easy
4. Use the same Bicarb solution to clean toilets
5. Add essential oils to your toilet to make them smell amazing
6. Steam the microwave with lemon
7. Blast a damp sponge in the microwave for two minutes to kill germs
8. Create a DIY glass cleaner with white vinegar, distilled water and drops of essential oil for a nice scent
9. Lemon oil is a natural de-greaser for the oven
10. Bicarbonate of soda can be used for an easy oven and hob scrub– pour on, sprinkle with water, let sit for an hour then wipe away
11. Use a squeegee on the stairs to remove dust and pet hair
12. Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda on to the mattress. Sit for a few hours then vacuum away. This helps remove dead skin cells, bed bugs and more.
13. Clean ceiling fans with a pillowcase
14. Dust window blinds with old socks
15. Use the dishwasher to wash hairbrushes, plastic toys and more
16. Use salt and lemons to clean your chopping board without using any chemicals
17. Clean skirting boards with tumble dryer sheets. They are great for picking up dust
18. Use an old but washed toothbrush to clean your keyboard
19. Play-dough can be used to clean up glitter
20. Wash makeup brushes with baby shampoo
21. Fill a saucepan with water and vinegar. Bring to the boil, take off heat and add two tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda This will help remove burnt marks
22. Use lint rollers to clean curtains and lamps
23. Soak up odours with bicarbonate of soda (fridge, microwave, bin, shoes, litter tray etc)
24. Clean your bin with lemons
25. Clean blender by adding warm water and a small amount of washing up liquid. Switch the blender on them rinse out with more warm water
26. Clean your kitchen sponge each day by placing it wet in the microwave for 30 seconds
27. Remove hard watermarks on your taps with vinegar
28. Clean drains by placing vinegar bicarbonate of soda or soda crystals and boiling water
29. Place a dry towel in your tumble dryer to help speed up the drying process as it soaks up excess liquid
30. If you get paint on your clothes, remove carefully with a razor.
The best thing about these hacks is that the majority use simple everyday ingredients that you will probably have already. These hacks not only help us save time, but they can also help save money.
Household chores can feel like they never end. However, using these hacks little and often can help you keep on top of household dirt in between deeper cleans.