Working with Time For You
- The rate will be agreed with the householder and they will pay you directly usually via bank transfer, within 24hrs of your clean, and the client supplies all cleaning products and equipment.
- You choose the hours you would like to work and we match clients to fit around your life.
- Your hours can then build as you demonstrate the quality of your cleaning and reliability, and the excellent level of service that you provide to the clients. You can work just a couple of hours a week with us, or lots more!
- The work entails high quality cleaning, dusting, polishing and hoovering, mopping, possibly bedmaking, ironing (if you would like to, but this is not essential).
- You will visit the same clients every week/fortnight, which we find our cleaners really like. You build trust, get to know properties and settle into a stable routine.
- Managing your own workload - we would expect you to manage your clients and if you were unable to make an occasional clean, you initially contact your client directly and offer to reschedule rather than cancel. This not only provides a consistent service to the client, but also keeps your income regular.
- Longterm commitment and dedication to your work - this work is ongoing, not just a "stop gap."
- Reliability - this is essential, because if you are not reliable, clients will ask for someone else who is, and it will reduce your hours. We cannot work with unreliable people.
- Communication - we ask that you communicate efficiently with us and your clients. Lack of replies or slow contact means we will not offer you more work. Prompt communication is one of the most valued qualities we appreciate in our cleaners.
- Honesty - this goes without saying! If you have a police check/DBS, we ask to see a copy that is dated within the last 2 years. If you don't already have one, we ask if you are willing to apply for one at a one off cost to yourself of about £23. We can show you various options and how to apply for one, which could quickly increase the number of clients we can introduce you to, as many of our clients insist on their cleaner having been police checked for peace of mind.
Next Steps: Become A Cleaner In Just 2 Easy Steps
Step 1 Submit your details via our easy to use application forms
You choose to either 'register your interest' or, if you are keen and would like to get some work underway sooner, choose to accelerate your application! Either way, when we receive your application, we will be in touch.
Step 2 In person interview at your Home
We like to meet in person anyone we work with and ask that we meet you in your home. This gives Clients a greater peace of mind about who we are placing into their homes.
- You will need to supply us with proof of ID, address and a minimum of two excellent, ideally professional references.
- Your own transport is advantageous but not required.
- You must be prepared to register as self-employed if you start working with us (if you are not already). Here is a link with further information and how to apply: https://www.gov.uk/working-for-yourself
- Upon your application, if successful, we will ask to conduct an in-person interview in your home to assess your suitability.
Here's some of our more frequently asked questions when becoming a cleaner at Time For You.
We first spoke to Haley on the 15th November when she came to our homes to meet us both, we filled out the appropriate forms and gave her our references and within a day we were given clients to make contact with and so far we have had only really nice clients, we have had no complaints so we are hoping we are doing a good job for Haley at Time for You and long May it continue!
Lorraine & Gill
I would recommend time for you cleaning its family owned by Joanne and Daniel. I work for them 2.5 yrs they are very professional and caring nothing to much trouble for them . Jo is amazing and caring and got me lovely clients who live in my area. I love working for jo. Its brilliant cleaning company .
Amie-Jo is a lovely person and so brilliant to work with, she always gets cover for my clients when needed. I love the clients at Time For You, they are all lovely and their houses are lovely too! The work is local so petrol costs are kept low which is ideal as I live alone and have a tight budget. It fits perfectly around my grandkids, the other cleaners are fantastic, we all work together as a brilliant team and cover each other when needed.
I love working with Time For You as it’s so flexible. You can work the days and hours that you want and Amie-Jo is always there to help should you need to change anything. Amie-Jo is also one of the nicest people I have met and is so easy to get along with! I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for cleaning work as it has made a big change in my life, it’s great for people out there that love to clean just like myself!
Cleaning at Time for you fits around the school run and my family, and has been a great way of earning extra money. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for flexible work.
I have several clients that Time For You have introduced me to. Its lovely knowing Theresa has been and met them before I take on the role! Theresa and Leigh are always so helpful and always avaliable!
The clients are nice and I'm working the hours I can.
I work at time for you and have done for 2 years. I love it. It fits perfectly round my children and I can pick which hours I want with no pressure to take any that don't suit. My manager is Joanne and she is really supportive and understanding of family commitments. I would highly recommend working here, especially if you're a parent juggling work and children. The rates are good and competitive
Great company great support and always very helpful
Cleaning at Time for you fits perfectly around the school run and my family, and has been an amazing way of earning extra money weekly for Christmases and Birthdays. I am forever grateful to Amie-Jo for finding cleans which fit perfectly together and for always being there to support the team.
Time For You is rated 4.5 out of 5* based on 12 testimonials